Decorative plaster is a commonly used coating material applied to the exterior walls of private homes. There are many reasons to apply this plaster.
• The main reason is to get an aesthetic and pleasing image.
• Water resistant.
• The material does not change under the influence of moisture.
• Has strong resistance.
• Produced resistant to temperature changes.
• Vapor permeability allows the building to breathe.
• Increases the effect of sound insulation of the building.
• There are opportunities to give different colors and scenery.
• Fire resistant.
• Easy to apply.
• Environmentally friendly.
There are many types of decorative plaster with different composition, color and pattern. The most important factors influencing their selection are the climatic conditions and harmony with the environment. Types of decorative plaster:
1. Silicate decorative plaster is durable, vapor permeable and antistatic. Potassium and glass based.
2. Mineral decorative plaster is durable, inexpensive and antibacterial. It is based on cement and absorbent material.
3. Acrylic is a decorative plaster vapor barrier. Synthetic additives are included in the material.
4. Silicone decorative plaster - combines all the features of the previous type of plaster. It is more expensive than others.
5 Elastic decorative plaster - has a high elasticity and is less likely to crack than other decorative plasters because it moves with the building surface.