- 9 Avq, 2021
What is stone wool?
Stone wool is produced by melting raw basalt stone at 1350 ° C-1400 ° C and turning it into fiber.
is obtained from. It is produced in different sizes, densities and specifications depending on the place and purpose of use.
It has the following features:
• Provides lifelong insulation of buildings against heat and cold.
• Energy savings for heating and cooling of buildings are provided (approx. 30-60%).
• No exposure to sunlight and no change in size.
• Does not rub, rot, corrode or rust over time.
• Aesthetic, easy to cut and fast to use.
• Does not lose its physical properties over time.
• Operating temperature varies from -50 ° C to 650 ° C.
• The product remains flat and stable in humid environments.
• Not affected by insects and microorganisms.
• Unlike other alternatives, it does not produce toxic fumes during a fire.
• Stone wool is vapor permeable, which allows moisture to pass through walls and surface.
Taking into account all these features, we can say that stone wool is a friend of construction.
In addition, stone wool is produced in different varieties depending on the field of application. We can list the areas of application in this way.
• On the roofs and facades of all buildings for thermal insulation
• Acquisition of acoustic environment in cinemas, theaters, clubs, television and radio buildings, etc.
• For fire insulation of all buildings
• Especially in the sound insulation of residential buildings near the airport
• In the preparation of frames for planting plants in greenhouses in agriculture
• In metallurgical plants, in the insulation of smelting furnaces
• As an insulation regulator in metal exterior doors
• For sound insulation of all buildings
• In the partitions of residential, office and office buildings
• Manufacture of roofing panels
• In thermal insulation of pipes and tanks
Rockwool is a company that specializes in the production of rock wool. All products have an international certificate.
We hope this article will help you in your choice of stone wool.